The Cottonwood Heights Thanksgiving Day 5k –
BE PART OF UTAH’S LONGEST “RUNNING” THANKSGIVING DAY EVENT!
More than 25 years of tradition!
Online registration will close on November 22 (Tuesday) at 10pm. Registration after this point will occur in-house only at the Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center.
Event Day: Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, November 24, 2016
Race starts at 9am! Runners should be at or near the starting line by 8:50am.
- START at starting line outside the Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center.
- Run down stretch alongside CHRC before turning RIGHT onto 2700 E.
- Take your first LEFT onto Bridgewater Drive.
- Continue on Bridgewater Drive until you dead-end into Banbury Road, turn RIGHT.
- Continue STRAIGHT on Banbury Road, passing Bywater Park on your left until you transition onto Nutree Drive. Stay to the Right.
- Continue on Nutree Drive, eventually turning LEFT towards Union Blvd (do not run straight onto Antler Way).
- Take your first RIGHT onto Winesap Road.
- Follow Winesap Road until your first RIGHT, MacIntosh Lane.
- Take MacIntosh Lane around a turn before taking your second LEFT to Racquetball Club Drive.
- Off of Racquetball Club Drive, take your first LEFT back onto Winesap Road.
- Continue STRAIGHT on Winesap Road until you transition through Nutree Drive onto Walnut Way.
- Follow Walnut Way through before taking a RIGHT back onto Banbury Road. Keep to the right.
- Pass Bywater Park on your right, and continue STRAIGHT on Banbury Road until you reach the finish line.
- This is not a closed course, but police and volunteers are monitoring intersections. Please be mindful of automobile traffic.
- Keep to the right as much as possible.
- Water and a first aid station can be found at both Bywater Park and the Finish Line.
Price includes participant shirt and chip/timing, all proceeds go directly back into events, programs and activities provided by the Cottonwood Heights Parks and Recreation Service Area.
- $25/person (through Nov. 5)
- $30/person (Nov. 6-20)
- $35/person (Nov. 21-race day)
- $20/person (now through race day)
Location: Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center
7500 South 2700 East
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121
Day of Registration: Hockey/Ice Skating Area (South Entrance)
November 23, 2016
Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center
8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
North facility parking Enter off of 2700 East (Near outdoor pool)
South facility parking Enter off of 2700 East -Butler Middle School
- Race shirt – Tech/Polyester shirts will be back this year. We know you missed them.
- Swag bag
- Awards for 1st-3rd in each age group, 1st-3rd overall (male and female)
- Beat the Mayor to the finish line and receive a commemorative medal!
Temperature Average Record
Mean Temperature 36°F
Max Temperature 44°F 69°F (1995)
Min Temperature 27°F 3°F (1993)
Timing: Provided by Stride Racing
The company utilizes IPICO chip timing system.